For current info please visit detroitmi.gov
Fire Hydrant Use Information
Permitted users are responsible for the following:
- Any damage to the fire hydrant outside of normal usage
- Having knowledgeable individual to operate the hydrant
- Disconnect hoses from hydrant when not in use
- Use an approved backflow preventer to eliminate any possibility of contamination of the water supply
- The hydrant must be accessible for emergency service at all times
- Contractors that may operate a Hydrant, shall confirm they viewed the training video and conducted proper training along with supplying the correct tool list to their on-site personnel.
For Hydrant use for Demolition, see the Demolition Water Clearance and Associated Fire Hydrant Use Permit section of the Permit webpage for additional information and to apply.
See the Fire Hydrant Use Only Permit section of the Permit webpage for additional information and to apply for a fire hydrant use permit for any other purpose than Demolition.